Examples of personal information are: name, address, email address, telephone number and credit /debit card details.
How do we receive your information?
we respond to product and service enquiries (received by phone,
email, in person and through our website ‘contact us’ facilities)
provide quotes, process orders and provide an after sales service we
will ask for specific personal information to enable us to provide these
the course of normal business activities we may collect and process
personal information about you.
How do we use your information?
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to a previous order e.g. to identify a type of screen for a repeat purchase.
- To inform you of any changes to our services, website or terms and conditions.
- To ask you for feedback (using an approved independent review organisation) to help us improve our products and services.
- To provide you details of similar goods or services to those previously purchased or other relevant goods and services that you may be interested in.
Storing your personal information
We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely. In operating our website, it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Disclosing your personal information
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to a buyer
Sharing your information with third parties
To enable us to provide our services we may share your personal information with our service partners, however we only disclose the information that is necessary for them to complete their specific task. Examples of these partners are:
· Our carriers: APC and DHL
· Our approved independent review organisation: Feefo
*For all online and telephone orders your credit/debit card details are entered directly into the secure SagePay payment page. Your card data is not retained or stored by Streme.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
Third Party Links
Access to your information: You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold on you.
Amending your information: You can ask us to amend the information we hold if it is not correct.
Deleting your information: You have the right to request that your Personal Information is deleted or removed from our systems and records. However, this right only applies in certain circumstances.
· when we no longer need the Personal Information for the purpose we collected it
· if you withdraw consent to our use of your information and no other legal justification supports our continued use of your information
· if you object to the way we use your information and we have no overriding grounds to continue using it
· if we have used your Personal Information unlawfully
· if the Personal Information needs to be erased for compliance with law
Restricting how we can use your information
You have the right to request that we suspend our use of your Personal Information. However, this right only applies in certain circumstances:
- you think that the Personal Information we hold about you is not accurate, but this only applies for a period of time that allows us to consider if your Personal Information is inaccurate
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your Personal Information and request the restriction of its use instead
- we no longer need the Personal Information for the purposes we have used it to date, but the Personal Information is required by you in connection with legal claims
- you have objected to our processing of the Personal Information and we are considering whether our reasons for processing override your objection.
Where we suspend our use of your Personal Information we will still be permitted to store your Personal Information, but any other use of this information while our use is suspended will require your consent, subject to certain exemptions
Objecting to how we use your information
You have the right to object to our use of your Personal Information in certain circumstances
· You can object to our use of your Personal Information where you have grounds relating to your particular situation and the legal justification we rely on for using your Personal Information is our (or a third party's) legitimate interests.
· However, we may continue to use your Personal Information, despite your objection, where there are compelling legitimate grounds to do so or we need to use your Personal Information in connection with any legal claims.
· You can also object to the use of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes at any time (including if we are carrying out profiling related to direct marketing).
If at any stage you are not happy with how we are using your personal data you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk)
Information that we may collect when you use our website
We may collect information about your use of our web site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data. This information cannot be used to identify you personally.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer, tablet or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using www.streme.co.uk
First Party Cookies
These are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site.
Third party cookies
These are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
How to control and delete cookies
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your machine as well as more general information about cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please check back regularly. Revised 10/01/2020. AJR.