Workshop Technician / Screen Manufacturer
Location: High Wycombe, HP13 6EQ
Salary: £21,000+ depending on experience
35 hour working week
25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
Training: Full training on products and processes will be provided
About this role:
This is a varied and challenging role, working as part of a team to manufacture and despatch a variety of screens to consumers and commercial customers. Initially you will cut, assemble and pack DIY screen kits, then after further training, progress to manufacturing a range of made to measure screens.
Quality control is an extremely important part of our business, and we expect the whole team to engage in this process, so you will be involved in all stages of quality control including checking. Another important part of our manufacturing process is materials management. You will be trained to minimise material wastage in relation to different manufacturing processes.
You will contribute to the achievement of company objectives by ensuring the tasks set out below are carried out efficiently and with due care.
- Carry out daily order assembly and packing ensuring standards of accuracy, quality and presentation are maintained within required deadlines
- Once trained, make a variety of screen products to pre-defined specifications and quality standards.
- Prepare and pack orders for despatch to customers
- Carry out stock replenishments for the picking process
- Highlight any stock re-ordering requirements
- Assist with unloading deliveries
- Ensure workshop and stocking areas are kept clean and tidy
- Ensure all tasks are carried out in line with the company Health and Safety policy
- Assist in other areas of the business as required
Experience and training will lead to the role including the following elements:
- Assisting with daily production planning and quality control
- Reviewing workshop processes and procedures (as part of a team) to continuously improve order picking and screen manufacturing processes.
- Picking up goods from suppliers/delivering goods to customers as required
Key Skills and Attributes:
- A team player with good communication skills
- Basic education including maths
- Ability to work to high quality standards
- Maintain high standards of house keeping
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- An eye for detail
- Good dexterity